What to Do If You Have Been Injured in a Public Place

PUBLISHED: September 9, 2022

If you have been injured in a public place, it may be someone else’s fault. Falling stairs, slipping on a wet floor, or getting hit by someone else there are many ways you can get hurt in a public place; after being injured in a public place and being worried about your rights, understanding who is responsible for injuries that occur on common property and what you can do to seek compensation may be tricky. You can hire an public liability lawyer in Perth to help of understand the whole process of claiming compensation.

Things You Can Do If You Have Been Injured in a Public Place

Suppose you are seriously injured in a Public Place Accident. In that case, it is important to seek medical attention immediately and contact experienced personal injury lawyers in Perth who can help you get compensation for your injuries.

Get Immediate Medical Attention

If you have been injured in a public place, the first thing to do is get immediate medical attention. This can be done by calling 911 or going to the nearest hospital or urgent care centre. Getting immediate medical attention after an injury in a public place is crucial. If you are not sure of the severity of your injuries, it is best to go to the emergency room.

It is also important to get checked out by a doctor if you think your injuries are more serious than they appear. You have been unconscious for a long time or had a head injury. You have any head injury symptoms, including feeling dazed, confused, or dizzy.

Take Pictures of the Area

If you are injured in a public place, taking pictures of the area where you were injured may be helpful. This can help you remember details about where the accident occurred and what caused it.

If possible, try to take pictures with your phone or camera right after the incident occurred. If you don’t have either of these devices on hand, ask someone nearby if they can take pictures for you. Keep in mind that there may be other people who were also injured in this accident, and they may also want their pictures taken.

You should also consider taking pictures of any injuries sustained during the accident so that medical professionals can document them properly later on down the road.

Injured in a Public PlaceGather Witnesses

If someone saw what happened, ask them to call the police and give their account of what happened. This will help with any legal proceedings later on. If possible, ask witnesses who may have seen what happened to speak with you and provide their contact information. You can also take pictures of the scene with your phone or camera to document any injuries or damage done to your property.

By gathering their contact information and obtaining statements from them at the scene of the accident, you will be able to present a stronger case later on down the road when it comes time to file suit against anyone or any entity that may be liable for your injuries.

File a Report

If you have been injured in a public place, you may have the option of filing a report with the police or other authorities. You must file a report as soon as possible.

The first thing to do is to notify the owner or manager of the establishment where you were injured. If it was at work, notify your supervisor or employer immediately. The owner or manager will then likely call an ambulance if necessary, and they may also file an incident report with their insurance company. If you think it is deliberate, then you can file a police complaint.

Contact an Experienced solicitor

You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in a public place. Contact an experienced solicitor, who will help you determine whether or not the accident was your fault and how much compensation you should receive. They will also help you gather evidence that proves that another party’s negligence or misconduct caused your injuries.

In some cases, it is possible to obtain compensation from the owner or operator of the premises where the accident occurred. If this is the case, you may want to contact an solicitor who specializes in premises liability cases so they can help determine whether filing a lawsuit is necessary for you to receive compensation for your injuries.


The first step after an injury is to take some deep breaths, calm down, and ensure you are okay. You cannot change what happened in the past, but you can change how it will affect the future. Hopefully, these tips will help you feel better about your injuries and start working on how you can get the next available stage of care so that you can start feeling better again.

Recommended For You